Contacts and links
We will include all amateur productions (plays, musicals, operas, pantomimes, school productions, ...) and professional plays, musicals and kids' theatre in Newbury and the surrounding areas. We DON'T do ballet, music, professional opera, dance, 'celebrity' appearances, or comedy acts. If you're involved with a local amateur dramatic group and you want free publicity, you can put as much as you want about your group on this site.
- Comments on plays - email the editor (Paul Shave)
- Comments on the site - email the webmaster
- Change your theatre's details, or add a new group to the list - email site support
- Or you can phone me (OK, I confess, I'm the webmaster and site support as well) on 01635 866800. But this is ONLY for things to do with this web site. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT THE WEB SITE FOR ANY THEATRE OR AMATEUR DRAMATIC GROUP. If you want theatre or group contact information, go to the theatre's or group's page - via the menu above: Theatres, or Amateur groups.
Links to groups and theatres outside our area
We have to draw the boundaries somewhere, but if you're just outside them you can get a link here.
- www.chinnormusicaltheatre.org.uk is the site for Chinnor Musical Theatre, with productions in Thame.
- www.southhillpark.org.uk is South Hill Park, Bracknell's Arts Centre with the Wilde Theatre.
- www.abdabs-yt.co.uk is the Abdabs Youth Theatre at Witney, near Oxford.
- www.pvads.net is the site for Pewsey Vale Amateur Dramatics Society (known as PVADS) who put on five productions a year at the Bouverie Hall, Pewsey.
- www.theatreroyalwindsor.co.uk is the Theatre Royal Windsor, a professional producing theatre.
Links to other sites
- www.AmaDrama.co.uk - great site specialising in photos of amateur dramatics productions in and around Berkshire, with a light-hearted touch. Also includes the offer of a set of photos of your production for FREE!
- amdram.co.uk - the site for free information about anything associated with amateur theatre. Recommended.
- NDAA (Newbury & District Arts Association) - comprehensive guide to everything that's going on in the arts in West Berkshire, with a wide selection of links covering the whole spectrum of arts from jazz to opera, embroidery to poetry.
- www.newburytoday.co.uk - the new site for the Newbury Weekly News. Assorted information about current productions. The paper is now available online, but it doesn't have theatre reviews online.
- www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire - not just BBC but local information too. See the Events Guide on the Going Out page.
- www.repcollege.co.uk - Reading-based college 'for the training of actors, directors, designers and technicians for the theatre'. You can see Rep College productions at Central Studio and New Greenham Arts.
- www.josaka.com - nothing to do with theatre, but if you're looking for information about local bands and gigs, this is the site you want.
- www.dailyinfo.co.uk - comprehensive info on Oxford, including more info on Oxford theatre than we've got, plus gigs and concerts. Also theatre reviews, and publicise your gig.
- www.oxfordcityguide.com - nicely laid out guide to what's on at all the theatres in Oxford, with productions suitable for children highlighted.
- www.AmateurDramatic.co.uk - all about amateur dramatics in general (not specific groups), with lots of interesting articles, hints and tips.
- www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk - for London professional theatre: detailed show information, latest news, interviews with leading actors and directors, full coverage of opening nights and exclusive videos, online ticket booking and special discount offers, facts and figures about London’s Theatreland and its history.
- www.visitnewbury.org.uk - excellent site with details of events going on in and around Newbury.
- www.oxfordshiredramanetwork.org - similar to this site, covering amateur theatre and musicals in Oxfordshire.
- www.officialtheatre.com - excellent site which lists every theatre in the West End and includes the date each show is booking until, contact numbers, and links to the official website for each venue.
- www.facebook.com/groups/Ctduk/ - Crash Test Drama UK. Reading-based group with a monthly meeting for developing and trying out ten minute plays. It's a great idea - you need to go their Facebook page to find out more.
- www.londontheatres.co.uk - has a unique interactive map of West End venues, and for each venue current show information, critics' and audience reviews and a history of the venue.
- www.oxondramawardrobe.co.uk - the Oxfordshire Drama Wardrobe has a stock of over 5,000 costume and prop items available for hire to drama groups, schools and colleges.
- seatplan.com - really useful site with theatregoers' reviews of individual seats at all West End theatres, rating each seat for comfort, legroom and view.
Link us to your site
Please put a link to this site from your site. A simple
hyperlink to www.newburytheatre.co.uk
is fine, or if you want a logo, use this one: